About Me

My photo
Thoughts on the Christian life in a fallen world

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Insider Thought Trading - James Bars

Life transformation through mind renewal - the journey to God. According to the author, this book is based on a true story. He was caught up in a sinful lifestyle but then experienced the grace of God through forgiveness and became a Christian.  I'm not a big fan of parable-type books, I prefer a more direct approach then a vague "Teacher" character leading me through lessons I need to learn.  This book was not at all what I expected. I was expecting a book on how to renew your mind and keep it focused on God and His grace and forgiveness, I just could not relate to the story. Published by Hope of Love Publications-www.hopeoflovepublications.com-the author is a Christian Life Coach.
The Bible is quoted and paraphrased throughout each chapter with an index in the back.
I was glad to find a quote from Martin Luther on page 32, "God created the world out of nothing.  As long as you are not yet nothing, God cannot make something out of you."
Divided into 14 chapters that seem to be semi-related to each other, it seems each chapter could stand on its own as an article.
I do understand the author's motivation in getting his story out, that God can save anyone regardless of what they have done. Perhaps just a straight telling of his story and how he came to Christ may have been more readable.
I have obtained this book free of charge from Bookcrash.

No comments:

Post a Comment